Delayed Opening Guidelines
A delayed opening will be implemented by the Superintendent of Schools in the event hazardous road and weather conditions are expected to improve later in the morning.
The following should be noted:
- Parents will be notified directly via the automated ConnectEd system Please be sure any phone number(s) and email address updates are provided to the school(s)
- Notification will also be available on the school website
www.bellmoreschools.org (District website)
www.news12.com (News 12 website)
- Bus transportation will be provided, on a two-hour delayed schedule.
- Students should arrive at their bus stops two hours later than usual.
- Students being driven to school should arrive according to the following schedule:
- Full Day Pre-K - 11:20 am
- Kindergarten - 10:50 am
- 1st Grade - 11:00 am
- 2nd Grade - 11:10 am
- 3rd Grade - 10:50 am
- 4th Grade - 11:00 am
- 5th Grade - 10:50 am
- 6th Grade - 10:50 am
- ALL AFTERNOON PRESCHOOL CLASSES WILL BE IN SESSION AT REGULAR TIME
- Dismissal will be at your child's current regular time.
- Extra Help will be cancelled.
- The MORNING County preschool program and Rising Star UPK program will be cancelled.
- Lunch will be at the regularly scheduled time for all students and pre-ordered lunches will be served.
- Please follow the regular procedure and call your child’s school to report an absence.
A delayed opening is subject to change if the weather or road conditions remain hazardous.
The Superintendent may opt to modify the above guidelines or to close schools if the potential for hazardous conditions continues, and will send another ConnectEd message to notify parents.