Delayed Opening Guidelines
A delayed opening will be implemented by the Superintendent of Schools in the event hazardous road and weather conditions are expected to improve later in the morning.
The following should be noted:
- Parents will be notified directly via the automated ConnectEd system Please be sure any phone number(s) and email address updates are provided to the school(s)
- Notification will also be available on the school website
www.bellmoreschools.org (District website)
www.news12.com (News 12 website)
- School will start at 11:10 a.m. (rather than 9:10 a.m.)
- Dismissal will be at the regular time of 3:30 p.m.
- Dismissal will be at your child's current regular time
- Bus transportation will be provided, on a two-hour delayed schedule
- Students should arrive at their bus stops two hours later than usual
- Students being driven to school should arrive no earlier than 10:50 a.m.
- All before school activities will be cancelled
- The JCC Before School Program will be cancelled
- The Morning Bellmore Rising Star Pre-K Program will be cancelled
- The Afternoon Bellmore Rising Star Pre-K Program will be in session
- The JCC After School Program will be in session
- Lunch will be at the regularly scheduled time for all students and pre-ordered lunches will be served
- Please follow the regular procedure and call your child’s school to report an absence
A delayed opening is subject to change if the weather or road conditions remain hazardous.
The Superintendent may opt to modify the above guidelines or to close schools if the potential for hazardous conditions continues, and will send another ConnectEd message to notify parents.