The Board of Education held its annual reorganizational meeting on July 7 and officially commenced the start of the 2015-2016 school year.
At the meeting, the Board voted to appoint Jay L.T. Breakstone and Marion Blane as president and vice president, respectively. Having won re-election in May, Mrs. Blane and trustee Brian Desmond were also administered the oath of office by District Clerk Randy Yee to begin their new three-year terms on the Board.
Superintendent of Schools Dr. Joseph S. Famularo welcomed educators to new positions within the district and wished them well in the years to come.
The educators recognized were:
• Deirdre Jones – general education (Winthrop)
• Katelynn Sims – general education (Winthrop)
• Ari Bisk – physical education (Reinhard)
• Susan Bella – ESL teacher (districtwide)
• Mallory Cogen – physical education (districtwide)
• Lauren Pedone – educational technology specialist (districtwide)
• Jessica Venticinque – ESL and special education (districtwide)